Katani was our best seller in 2019 and is recognized for superior harvestability and consistently higher CBD levels than other varieties. This variety is best suited for the Northern USA and southern to mid-latitude growing areas in Canada. Many growers also use this variety in more intense CBD production systems where males are removed either in the greenhouse or field.
Katani is the most versatile of our varieties, with excellent levels of high-quality cannabinoids and leading grain production. This variety has also been noted by our growers for excellent harvestability with fewer wrapping issues.
- Registered in 2015
- Medium-size seed, dioecious variety
- End uses: food and CBD
- High grain yielder
- Kernel weight: 15 grams/1000 seeds
- Days to maturity: ~105+ days
- CBD Percentage: 0.5% to 2.7%
- Soil requirements: well-drained soils of medium texture are ideal
- Time of flowering: 55 days depending on weather and seeding date
- Plant height at 50 degrees latitude: 70-110 cm
Growing Conditions Based on Geography
HGI varieties are well adapted to Canadian Latitudes. US and International interested customers should note our varieties are best suited to growing North of the 40 Degree Latitude due to being photoperiod sensitive varieties.
Katani grows best in zones