Grandi is the tallest of the three most recent varieties developed by HGI. Similar in seed size to CFX-1, this variety was developed as a grain variety for regions further south. Key characteristics of the plant include excellent harvestability on a slightly taller plant frame.
Growers operating on dryland systems in the southern part of Canada and mid to northern regions of the USA find that grain yields are strong thanks to a larger seed size and uniform plant structure.
- Registered in 2015
- Medium-size seed, dioecious variety
- End uses: food and CBD
- High grain yielder
- Kernel weight: 15 grams/1000 seeds
- Days to Maturity: ~105+ days
- CBD Percentage: 0.5% to 2.7%
- Soil requirements: well-drained soils of medium texture are ideal
- Time of flowering: INFORMATION REQUIRED days depending on weather and seeding date
- Plant height at 50 degrees latitude: 80-130 cm
Growing Conditions Based on Geography
HGI varieties are well adapted to Canadian Latitudes. US and International interested customers should note our varieties are best suited to growing North of the 40 Degree Latitude due to being photoperiod sensitive varieties.
Grandi grows best in zones